If you would like to lighten your skin, there are several options that are available, most of which are very expensive. There are laser treatments that you can use, as well as prescription creams that can be very effective at limiting melanin production. Whether you choose to use hydroquinone which is very popular, or if you use a laser treatment such as blue light therapy which can affect a similar outcome.
It is a matter of whether or not you have the money to use these treatment options which will produce excellent results.
If you don’t have the money, then you are limited to what is available, and there are certain homemade skin lightening facial masks that you can use, many of which will do a very good job.
Here are 12 luscious homemade skin lightener facial masks for you to try that may be able to provide you with the outcome you are seeking.
Is It Possible To Lighten Your Skin Naturally?
If you would like to try to do this on your own using natural products, apart from the pharmaceuticals and high-tech choices that are available, it’s good to know that there are certain things that you can use that are available at your home that can help you achieve this goal.
One of the easiest ways to discover how to do this is to go on forums, searching through the many different posts that are available, looking at what has worked and what has failed. However, you can avoid all of that unnecessary research by simply trying one of these 12 homemade skin lightening facial mask options, one of which will definitely work for you.
1. Yogurt is one of the most popular desserts that people eat, whether this is something that you get at the local store, or at a yogurt shop. There are many different flavors, and you can add different toppings, making it very easy to create something that you enjoy.
However, instead of consuming this product, you might want to consider using this on your face as a mask because it can actually help lighten your complexion. It contains lactic acid, something that is bad for people that are lactose intolerant, but it is very beneficial in terms of its bleaching properties.
The easiest way to use this is to get plain vanilla yogurt and place it on your skin, usually with a little bit of honey. The honey will allow it to stay in place because of its sticky consistency, and it should only be left on your face for a maximum of 15 minutes.
2. Lemons are another great natural treatment that you can use at home. Almost everyone has lemons or lemon juice somewhere at their house. If not, they are very inexpensive to purchase, and by getting four of them, you can squeeze them and begin to apply the juice.
It should be applied with a cotton ball, and if you decide to leave it on your face, you should again consider mixing it with either powdered milk or honey as recommended before.
It will not run off of your face, so to speak, as it will be absorbed into your skin, but for faster results the combination of honey or milk powder is going to give you results that you will notice fast.
3. If you have ever had a sunburn before, you have likely applied aloe vera, something that you can purchase at the store or if you have a plant, you can use one of the leaves by cutting it open and applying the gel. It is used on age spots by people that would prefer not using something that could ultimately lead to cancer such as pharmaceuticals like hydroquinone.
At the very least, it will improve your overall complexion because of the healing properties that aloe vera possesses, but it can be used to lighten your skin very nicely.
You should use the natural leaf for the best effects because it will be concentrated without any type of processing, and you should leave it on for a minimum of 30 minutes before washing it off.
In the same way that all natural products produce results much more gradually, you are looking at multiple treatments for several months. Once you are able to get your desired complexion tone, you will be able to feel better about the way that your skin looks simply by using this all-natural product.
4. Honey by itself is also something that is extremely beneficial for your skin. It can actually act as a moisturizing agent. If you have dry skin, this is a fantastic way to get your skin back to a healthy condition, and it is also very useful when it comes to achieving a lighter complexion.
The antibacterial properties in the honey are thought to be the main reason that they are able to help reduce age spots, acne scars, and also improve your complexion.
As a mask, you would simply combine this with almond oil, or something similar, allowing you to benefit from the medicinal properties of both substances.
It is recommended that you use this a minimum of a few months in order to start to see an effective change. Unlike products that you can buy at the store, you are likely going to have to wait for quite a while in order to lighten your complexion to where you want it.
5. Onions can also be used as a skin lightening product, but is recommended that you use a product that is using onions that are designed to help lighten your complexion.
Meladerm is something that you can use that is available online, and also at stores, but you could more than likely use the same type of onion extract that they are using if you could purchase these onions and achieve a similar effect.
6. Gram Flour is a type of flour that can be made in many different ways including using chickpea or garbanzo beans. This has a reputation for working very well as long as it is combined with rosewater to create a very thick paste and as it lightens your skin, it can also act as a natural moisturizer.
This is something you can use on virtually any area of your body where you have dark spots, or if you want to lighten your complexion say on your face, hands or even your feet. It should only be left on for a few minutes after it has fully dried, and then washed off with water, something that is easy to make and can produce results.
7. Oranges have quite a bit of vitamin C which is often recommended by people that use natural products to lighten their skin. Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant so when you apply this oil to your face, it is possible that you can benefit not only from a lighter complexion, but also the antioxidant properties that it possesses.
The bleaching properties are directly related to the acidic nature of oranges, though this is going to be far less than you will get in lemons. You can also look forward to improving the suppleness of your skin, something that is a side effect benefit of using oranges to improve or lighten your complexion.
8. Turmeric is a spice that is used in India and is actually most well-known for its orange color and unique taste.
More importantly, it has the ability to eliminate inflammation, which is why it is sold in many products that are natural substitutes for products like anti-inflammatories purchased over-the-counter or obtained with a prescription.
People use this spice to lighten up their skin, and when combined with lemon juice or orange juice, the effects can be very good. It is a product that you may not see results from very quickly unless combined with lemon juice or honey, so by making that combination, you can accelerate how quickly you get the results you are looking for.
9. Tomatoes are a very acidic vegetable, and when you are able to use it on your face, you need to be careful when spreading it evenly across to the entire area that you would like to lighten up. After you have done this several times, sometimes more efficiently than lemon juice, you will notice that your skin is becoming much lighter.
The combination that is recommended for tomatoes is to combine this with an oatmeal mask and also yogurt so that it is easy to apply and can also provide your face with the moisturizing that it needs to look its best.
Remember, tomatoes are acidic and therefore will aggravate your skin and the oatmeal and yogurt will counteract this reaction.
10. Oatmeal used by itself will not necessarily change the production of melanin, but what it can do is remove the upper layer of skin in a very gradual way. Most people use it to exfoliate their skin, and in doing so, promote the regrowth of skin that is going to be much lighter.
As with the other combinations, honey is a good choice when mixing this together so that you can have the antibacterial properties to help with the healing process.
11. Grapefruit is another possibility when it comes to achieving a lighter complexion. You must consider using this if you believe that lemons are going to be too strong.
They are slightly stronger in a acidity than oranges, and in combination with yogurt and honey, it will be a potent combination for improving your skin as well.
12. The final tip is deciding to use a combination of Gram flour, lemon juice and raw onion juice. This is a very potent combination that will typically provide excellent results, far and above any of the other combinations. If you did not know, some of the more popular skin lightening creams use onions as part of their main ingredients.
This is also something you can combine with yogurt, honey or even milk, diluting the onions to some degree to not aggravate your skin. You will probably see the best results from this combination, especially when onions are the main ingredient.
Once you have chosen one of these 12 possible home made skin lightener facial masks that have produced excellent results for people around the world, you should be able to find one that will suit your particular skin, allowing you to get good results without aggravating it plus help it look its best.