Your skin is the biggest organ of your body. It is the outer covering of your body and performs multiple functions in protecting you from harmful diseases. Your skin’s health determines your wellbeing. So, you hold the responsibility for keeping it clean, healthy and appealing.
This does not only entail dabbing a little foundation or going to a beauty parlor to make your skin look flawless on the surface. There are several aspects of how to take care of your skin, and here we are taking an in-depth look into the matter.
This article is for the young women who need to be careful about their skin, in order to prevent it from damage and aging. Let’s begin by getting to know your skin, so that you learn how to deal with it and understand how to improve and maintain your skin’s health. Here are the tips for skin caring that you should follow in order to ensure that it remains replenished.
1. Determine Your Skin Type
Before you know your skin care routine, it is essential to understand your specific skin type. There are different products for different skin types, so you should make sure that you use the right product. Here is a technique to determine your skin type:
Wash your face gently, using a cleanser to get rid of all the impurities. After an hour, dab the nose and forehead area with a tissue.
- Oily Skin: If the tissue has grease, you have oily skin.
- Dry Skin: If your skin is flaky after an hour, you have dry skin.
- Normal Skin: If there is no oily or flaky skin, you are blessed with a normal skin type.
- Combination Skin: If only your nose and forehead are oily and the rest is flaky or normal, you have a combination type.
You have sensitive skin if your skin reacts instantly to normal skin care products, and leave rashes or redness. If your skin is prone to acne, you might have acne every now and then.
2. Beauty Tips For Your Skin Type
Whether you have normal or oily skin, every skin type needs thorough cleaning and effective care to keep it looking young forever. Here are a few tips for every skin type:
- Cleansing for Combination Skin: When we say you should use specific products based on your skin type, it does not mean that you have to spend a fortune on it. If you have a combination skin, use a simple and gentle cleanser that won’t be harsh on the skin.
If you feel that the cleanser is making your skin too dry, try other products until you find the perfect one to suit your skin type. Use warm water to wash your face.
- Exfoliate Your Dry Skin: Do not use hot water to wash dry skin, as it wipes out all oil from the skin. Your cleanser should have high moisturizer content so that, even after using tepid water, the oil on your skin remains intact.
Use an exfoliator weekly to remove flaky and dead skin cells.
- Your Oily Skin Needs Ultimate Care: Oily skin can be highly prone to pimples, due to the active secretion of oil by sebaceous glands. Therefore, it is vital that you choose healing skin products.
Select an oil-free foaming cleanser and a toner, specifically manufactured for oily skin. There is a high risk of dirt deposition in pores due to oil on your face, so keep it clean.
- Handle Sensitive Skin With Care: If you have sensitive skin, you should choose a gentle cleanser. Use warm water for cleaning your skin from dirt and oil. It is necessary to exfoliate sensitive skin, but you should do it sparingly, and with gentle exfoliants. Experts advise using natural products without alcohol or fragrance content.
- Moisturize Your Skin Regularly: Regardless of your skin type, it is essential to moisturize it every day. Experts recommend using a moisturizer on damp skin. If you have oily skin, you should use oil free moisturizers that are easily available on the market.
Your three-step skin care routine: cleanser, toner, moisturizer or CTM technique helps to keep your skin healthy and free of dirt. However, you need to be careful to choose the products based on the skin type.
3. Keep Your Skin Healthy With Makeup
All women want to look beautiful. Therefore, they spend a good amount on concealers and other cosmetics.
Makeup helps to make your skin look perfect, but unfortunately the same product can be your skin’s worst enemy. Using a bad quality or an unmatched product for your skin type can be extremely troublesome. This specifically applies to people with acne.
Here are a few tips to keep your skin healthy, while using makeup:
- Cleanse: Remove makeup before going to bed. After a tiring fancy day, there is a tendency to go under the sheets without removing makeup. The layers of makeup will close the pores and prevent the skin from breathing. Wash your face with a cleanser or makeup remover. You can also rub olive oil on to the skin to remove makeup.
- Moisturize: You must absolutely slather on the moisturizers every night before you go to sleep
4. Bar Soaps or Cleansers: Find Out What Is Better For Your Skin
Experts recommend avoiding the use of bar soaps for cleaning your face, as they are bound to be harsh on the soft facial skin. It is better to use liquid cleansers, which moisturize your skin without leaving it dry. If you have oily skin, consider using cleanser containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. It prevents acne and keeps dead skin cells at bay.
There are bar soaps made of glycerin or plant-based oils that you can use, but keep away from those containing sodium lauryl sulfates.
5. The Sun and Your Skin: Learn How to Protect Your Skin
A mere 15 minutes of exposure to the sun can damage your skin. Studies have proven that excessive direct exposure to the sun can cause skin cancer. Even though moisturizers can act as a sunscreen, they cannot completely protect your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Therefore, you need an effective sunscreen with a high SPF.
Sunscreen can provide that extra layer of protection your skin needs, so it is vital that you apply it every day. Your choice the sunscreen is also crucial.
- Select the one with an SPF of at least 30.
- Use physical sunscreen, as it has ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium oxide, which effectively fight UVA and UVB radiations.
Make it a habit to slather on your sunscreen before stepping outside, even if it is cold.
6. Keep Your Skin Bright and Luminous With Skin Lightening Treatment
Women always desire whiter and shinier skin. There are many ways to lighten your skin and get rid of unwanted blemishes and spots.
Choosing the right skin lightening agent is tricky. Make sure you check the contents. Look for the ones that contain mostly natural ingredients. It is better to stay away from the products containing mercury, hydroquinone, steroids, bleach or toxins.
Skin lightening creams work by reducing the amount of melanin pigment in your skin. They usually cure problems such as acne, dark spots caused by aging, freckles and discoloration. Many women also use bleaching creams to lighten natural dark skin; however, it usually causes side effects.
If you are looking for a safe skin lightening agent, use Illuminatural 6i cream. It is an advanced skin lightener that produces visible effects in four weeks of usage, and experts have deemed it to be safe on the skin. The best thing about this product is that it is composed of natural ingredients that promise lightening skin with no side effects.
7. How to Take Care of Your Skin Naturally With Healthy Foods
There is a strong connection between the food you eat and the health of your skin. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your skin while consuming the right foods.
- Papaya: You should add foods that are rich in vitamin C, such as papaya, to your diet. Papaya is also an antioxidant and it is rich in Vitamin A, which promotes skin whitening and repair.
- Fermented Coconut Water: It is rich in beneficial bacteria. It helps to wash out the pathogenic microbes on the skin.
- Black Sesame Seeds: They work their magic on your skin by reviving its radiance. They are easy to use, and you can add them to any of your meals.
- Beetroot: It is full of goodness and healing nutrients. Consumption of beetroot increases the oxygen carrying capacity of blood and purifies your blood and brightens your skin.
- Lemon juice: It can help for detoxification, and also adds to skin hydration.
- Red Cabbage: It works wonders on your skin, as it has a higher vitamin C than its green variant. It is also a strong detox agent.
- Pumpkin seeds: You can add these to any delicacy, from cookies and cakes to stir fry. It is immensely powerful and can heal the blemish marks.
- Tomato Juice: In spite of the sunscreens, you can give an extra dose of natural sunscreen effect to you skin by drinking a glass of tomato juice regularly.
8. Sweat It Out: Exercise for Healthy Skin
In current times, the significance of exercise is widely spoken about. Experts have proven that exercise is useful for a healthy heart, lungs and for overall health, so that certainly means it is good for your skin, too. Exercises such as meditation and yoga can relieve from stress. Stress conditions can lead to acne, irritation and eczema.
Continue reading to find out how you can take care of your skin with proper exercise routine:
- Exercise increases your body’s blood circulation. With proper blood circulation, the oxygenated blood reaches the skin surface making it vibrant.
- With enhanced circulation, your body undergoes detoxification of the blood and flushes out the toxins.
- Physical activity increases oil production and wipes away your skin’s impurities.
- If you are an athlete or exercise in the sun regularly, use an exfoliator weekly.
Avoid exercising out in the open between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The sun’s rays are the strongest in the middle of the day and can damage your skin faster.
9. Sleep for Skin Health: Why a Restful Night Can Make You Look Younger
We all love to remain youthful at all times, and the secret to how to take care of your body’s skin is to get proper rest. Sleep helps to repair and replenish your body by providing proper rest for each cell of your body.
Experts recommend at least eight hours of sleep every night for proper body functioning. Lack of sleep will surely catch up on your appearance sooner or later. Other rejuvenation benefits that a proper sleep can provide to your skin are:
- When you sleep, your body produces collagen. More collagen means plumper skin, which prevents the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- While you sleep, the blood flow within your body is increased and contributes to healthy skin. Without proper sleep, your skin will not receive the nutrients and oxygen supply leaving your skin lifeless.
- One of the most evident outcomes of lack of sleep is puffy eyes. Improper blood flow leads to puffy eyes.
10. Get Fresh and Glowing Skin by Drinking Water
Do you know how to take care of your skin in your 30’s? The answer is simple: drink plenty of water to lock moisture into your skin.
Skin is made up of cells, and like other body cells, it also requires water for better functioning. It is vital to hydrate your skin in order to prevent dryness. Dry skin has an increased tendency to wrinkle soon and become prone to flakiness.
According to experts, your body needs about eight glasses of water per day. Along with drinking a couple of glasses of water per day, you can consume fruits such as watermelon and cantaloupe, which have high water content.
11. Wash Your Face Correctly: The Way to Healthier Skin
Washing the face helps to keep it clean, but too much washing can have its ill effects too.
- You should not wash your face more than twice a day.
- In the morning, wash with warm water and a gentle cleanser to feel fresh.
- At night, get rid of the oil and grime that has deposited on your skin with a cleanser.
- Do not rub the face to wipe it. Just pat dry.
- Apply a moisturizer at night before you sleep.
- After excessive physical activity or when you come back from being in the scorching sun, you can wash your face with a mild solution. Sweating is one of the culprits to cause acne.
12. Acne Breakouts: Every Teenager’s Nightmare That May Follow Them into Adulthood
If you are wondering how to take care of your skin in your 20’s, it starts in your teens. Acne problems peak during puberty, due to the hormonal changes, which increase your sebum production. This sebum clogs the pores of the skin.
Dead skin cells also clog the pores. Bacteria thrive in these clogged pores and cause blackheads, whiteheads or pimples. Here are some tips for clear skin:
- Keep your face clean. Use a cleanser, specifically for fighting acne.
- Never scrub your face too vigorously.
- Use cream or lotion containing benzoyl peroxide.
- Refrain from popping pimples. Popping your zits will worsen the infection and leave a scar on the skin.
- Don’t touch your face often. Touching the face often will spread the bacteria.
- Acne does not occur on the face alone; it even appears all over the body, like your back, butt and chest. Such people should refrain from wearing tight clothes to help their skin breathe.
- Many people get pimples and blackheads on their noses. If you are wondering how to take care of your nose and prevent it from becoming oily, you should eat healthy foods and practice better hygiene.
- You should be careful about makeup, and use cosmetics specifically created to counter acne. Never use expired cosmetic products.
- For severe acne problems, you can consult skin specialists. They will examine your skin condition and prescribe you proper treatment.
- Clean and oil free hair is also an essential element to fight acne. If you are wondering how to take care of your hair, click the link.
13. Effective Ways to Cover Up Those Blemishes
There are many other tips and tricks on how to take care of your face and fight those blemishes. Fear arises when you have a quick date or a party and you have to cover those spots. Cautious layering can help you to keep the dark spots and the pimple evenly covered. Here is how:
- Begin by cleaning blemishes with glycolic acid or sulfur. If they are swollen, concealing them would be difficult. To reduce the swelling you can massage gently with ice.
- Begin the layering with a tinted moisturizer that will offer an even effect.
- You can cover red inflamed areas with a yellow concealer. Wash your hand before using your finger, but it is best to use a sponge.
- Once you have corrected the blemishes, move on to the foundation. Use a matching one so that you do not look packed up in makeup.
- Gently brush in a layer of powder to prevent the excess oils.
There are many answers to “how to take care of your skin for teenagers.” If you have doubts; you should consult a dermatologist.
14. How to Take Care of your Skin without Harming it
According to surveys, a majority of females use at least 10 skin care products on their skin, ranging from soap to makeup. Your highly permeable skin surface is ought to absorb these chemicals. Thus, professionals recommend limiting your usage of chemicals on your skin.
FDA has approved a set of chemicals, which are safe on the skin in the limited ratio. So, it is best to look for the skin care products with safe ingredients. In order to know the chemicals that can cause more harm than good to your skin, visit this link “chemicals to avoid in skin care.”
15. Beauty Skin Care Tips For Healthy and Glowing Skin
The best skin care tips to keep you looking young involve protecting your skin and keeping wrinkles away. Here are some more tips:
- Simplify your skin care regimen. Have a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and a sunscreen at your disposal.
- Check the ingredients list before purchasing a natural product and make sure that the certifications are valid. Keep away from fragrance products. Use plain rose water for treating the dark circles under your eyes.
- There are skin masks which are specifically for your skin type that can be prepared from things from your kitchen such as honey, coconut oil or mashed papaya. Green tea bags can help to reduce acne inflammation.
- Orange peel can be dried and powdered to use as a scrub for its high astringent properties.
- Use steam treatment once a week to open up the pores and bring out the toxins. After steaming, rinse with cold water to close the pores.
- If you like tans, go for fake tans. Fake tans are a safer alternative when compared to sun tanning or indoor tanning centers. They are available in various options like creams, lotions, and sprays in various color shades from golden to deep shimmer. You can get your self-tanning product or get it done by a salon expert.
- If you do not have time and patience for home remedies, look for organic products with natural ingredients.
Being a little cautious and careful with your skin is vital. A proper skin routine, without neglecting the essential elements like food, water, moisturizing will keep your skin healthy and gleaming. Taking care of your skin seems a daunting task, but once you learn how to take care of your skin you can keep your skin looking perfect for ages.