As dreaded as it may be, age eventually catches up with everyone. The most significant and visual signs of aging include wrinkles, sagging skin, eye bags and grey hair. Although some people may be comfortable with grey hair, sagging skin and wrinkles are hard to stand.
It is for this reason why many people will do anything to get rid of the sagging skin on their arms, cheek and even legs. Some even go to the extent of taking the knife to reduce the sagging skin. Although surgical methods may help tighten your skin, this is not a permanent solution.
There are however many natural and pain-free methods of dealing with sagging skin. Some of the most recommended home remedies for a tighter skin are:
1. Lemon Juice: Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C and collagen boosters. These compounds are vital for boosting skin cell multiplication, as well as enhancing the elasticity of the same.
Although produced naturally in the body, collagen production starts to decline as age catches up. Lemon juice however helps restore collagen production by providing Vitamin C in its full spectrum along with antioxidants that help remove toxins from skin cells.
The best way to use lemon juice for a firmer skin is by applying fresh lemon juice on your face, arms and other affected areas. You should also consider adding a few ounces of lemon juice in your bathing water.
2. Aloe Vera: Among the many medicinal properties found in aloe vera, malic acid plays a vital role in restoring skin firmness. This compound is however found in fresh aloe vera juice. Another reason why aloe vera is effective in making the skin firmer is the fact that, it is a natural moisturizer.
The natural moisturizing agents improve skin cell turgidity hence making the skin tissue firm and even more elastic. Malic acid, on the other hand, rejuvenates cell division and collagen production as well.
For faster results, mix the aloe vera gel with lukewarm water, then apply it on your arms and face. Leave it for a few minutes for the compounds to seep in, and then rinse off with clean water.
3. Cucumber: Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and other compounds that help rejuvenate skin growth and tone. It has been in use for a long time as a natural skin toner and remains useful to this date. To tap into the full benefits of cucumber, blend a fresh cucumber and extract its juice.
Apply the extracted juice on your arms and face, and then leave it to dry. It should take at least 30 minutes for the cucumber juice to seep into the skin. Rinse your face with lukewarm water, and repeat this every day.
4. Olive Oil Massage: Olive oil is mostly preferred in skin care products as it is rich in vitamins E and A. These Vitamins have a significant impact on skin cell growth and health. Vitamin E helps rejuvenate natural collagen production, which makes it possible for one to fight the aging process.
Olive oil is however used as a natural moisturizer that helps promote skin elasticity and cell turgidity. As long the skin cells are turgid, the skin will be firmer and wrinkles/sagging skin will start to fade away.
5. Avocado: Avocado in its natural form has many benefits on the human skin and hair. Avocado is rich in proteins, vitamins, essential oils and antioxidants that are vital in inhibiting the natural aging process.
Avocado oil is also an effective remedy for treating acne, rosacea, sagging skin and wrinkles. To prepare the avocado, cut and blend the avocado flesh to form a thick paste. Apply the paste on your face and arms and leave it there for a few minutes. Rinse the paste off and repeat this every day.
6. Body Exercise: This is the most effective and fastest method of tightening the skin around your arms. The most recommended exercises for a firmer skin include modified push-ups, triceps dips and diagonal dumbbell raises.
These work by milking away fats in the skin tissues as well as making muscles stronger. Other physical activities such as swimming can also help make your skin firmer and even toned.
Although the tips and method outlined above may be useful in making your skin firmer, you are advised to consider leading a healthy lifestyle to avoid a recurrence of the same. Depending too much on processed and fast foods has been identified as one of the reasons for sagging skin.
In addition to this, Lack of physical exercise also contributes to a wobbly and sagging skin. Eating whole and well-balanced diets can however help your body muscles remain firm, even after hitting 50 years. Some habits such as heavy drinking, cigarette smoking and leading a dormant life has also been linked to faster-aging processes. Leading an active and healthy lifestyle can therefore contain this problem for good.